Wholestyle on the Web: Week of 10/23/09
That’s right, even Darth Fucking Vader takes time out to enrich his brain. And so should you! Here’s your much-anticipated weekly roundup of wholestyle awesomeness on the web. We had to cap it at 50 even though there were closer to 70 that made the cut. Trying not to kill you with too much awesome, at least for the time being. [[Manager's note: We're also looking into having this sent out as a weekly newsletter of some kind, so keep your eyes peeled!]]
For a link to post this wholestye round up on YOUR space, click here!
Arts & Entertainment
- Clandestine Chic: My Thoughts – Good Hair
- Make Online: Emperor’s Castle Amazing Papercraft
- Nothing Elegant: Strange Beauties – The Allure of the Unusual Leading Lady
- Nubby Twiglet: The Alchemist
- Already Pretty: Recommended Reading – Project Lifesize
- Athena Magazine: Sexual Health Sundays – Body Image
- You’d Be So Pretty If…: No ‘Fat Talk’ During Pregnancy
- ChinaShop (Gala Darling): Make the Irregular Choice
- The Demoiselles: Style in Season – Sweater Dresses
- Fake Plastic Fish: When 100% Cotton Doesn’t Mean 100% Cotton
- Gothic Charm School: A Review of MAC’s Black Lipsticks
- Irreference: How to Disguise Yourself and Victorian Fashion – Quirktober Advice from Sherlock Holmes
- Marie Claire (Ashley Falcon): Big Girl in a Skinny World
Food & Health
- The Amateur Gourmet (Jimmy Hilburn): Outstanding in the Field
- Dancing Down the Moon: Vegan Mo Fo – Go Go Gadgets!
- Gala Darling: Gala’s Magical Guide to Getting Well
- Jezebel: The Cookie Diet – Celebrities Love It, Nutritionists Hate It
- Yes and Yes: How to go Vegetarian (Without Alienating Everybody or Only Eating Peanut Butter)
- Ginger Won’t Snap: Get Healthy (& Win) With Genuine Health (giveaway)
- Mademoiselle Robot: Mademoiselle Robot Still Loves You – Catching up with Matthew Gray Gubler
- The Art of Nonconformity: “It’s Only Life or Death” – Disaster and Opportunity Interview with John Unger
- The AV Club: Random Roles – Interview with Bronson Pinchot
- Generation Meh: Your Poker Face Won’t Save You
- The Happiness Project: Who’s in a Starring Role, Who’s in a Walk-on Role? All of Us.
- Jezebel: Bright Sided – The Negative Consequences of Positive Thinking
- Positively Present: Stop Seeing Life in Black and White
- Rabbit Write: You Are Not Wrong – Clearing Self Attack
- Blowfish Blog: Are We Having Sex Now…And Why Should We Care?
- Dramatis Personae: OhMiBod Review – Freestyle Wireless Vibes
- Rabbit Write: Sex, The Internet, and Privacy
- Sexis (The Bloggess): Super-Star April Flores Unintentionally Makes Me Feel Bad About Myself
- Sexis (Elizabeth): Getting “Wet” – Discovering Why and How Women Do and Don’t
- Sexis (newme21): Surviving Infidelity – His, Mine, and Ours
- The Sexist: Sexist Beatdown – The Happy Hooker, or Why Doesn’t Steven Levitt Suck Dick for a Living?
- Ginger Won’t Snap: What’s Your Take on Virginity?
- In These Heels?: The Struggle to be Tolerant
- More is Better: How to Break the Mental Health Taboo
- Racialicious: Allure’s “Faces of the Future” Promotes Stereotypes of Mixed People
- Almost Fearless: Take a Breath, This is Happening
- Code for Something: San Francisco Adventures
- Gwen Bell: Japan Day 3 – Highlights, Muji, and Tea
- Lovelorn Unicorn: Guestpost – Sarah Von’s Loveletter to New Zealand
Work, Money & Organization
- The Everyday Minimalist: Are You a Happy Victim?
- Fabulously Broke in the City: The Alternative to Cash & Credit or Debit Cards
- Jezebel: Bringing Home the Bacon – Women Making Small Gains in Work, Wages
- Through the Illusion: The Familiarity Factor and What it Means for Success