Wholestyle on the Web: Week of 11/06/09
This week the round up is full of fun surprises – some excellent body-talk, fashion, feminism, food and more! We had so many entries this week (can you say 25 by Tuesday alone?) that it was hard to pare them down to bring you the BEST of wholestyle on the Web!
AND just in case you missed it, the Hive Mind here at Bonne Vie (that is – Jaka and the Bird!) had some excellent features on Media Literacy this week – so check them out! The idea is extremely important when you’re reading these (and any!) articles.
So without further ado, on to the fun!
Arts & Entertainment
- BlogHer (Maria Niles): Will You Watch “What I Hate About Me”?
- ChinaShop (Shop Keeper): The Kids are Sick – The Studio’s Sicker
- Athena Magazine: Big Fat Revolution(s)
- BlogHer (Susan Wagner): Glamour’s Plus Size Photo Shoot – Real Change, or Trend?
- Psychology Today (You’d Be So Pretty If…): A Moment of Body “Thanksgiving”
- Yes and Yes: It’s all Good. No, Really. All of It.
- Already Pretty: Reader Request – The Side View
- ChinaShop (Gala Darling): Rodarte in Target
- Denim Debutante: How to Find Your Perfect Pair of Jeans
- Doe Deere Blogazine: My Beautiful Rocket with Audrey Kitching
- Dramatis Personae: Gilt – A Review
- Fashionably Marketing: Dispelling Illusions – The Reality of Fashion’s Night Out
- Final Fashion: Just a Thought – All the Rage
- Katie Senior: Mascara Reviews
- The Daily Beast (Queen Rania Al Abdullah): Queen Rania – Stop Ignoring the Girls!
- O Filthy Grandeur!: Does “Lady Stupid” Exist?
- sexgenderbody (arvan): 2009 World Survey on the Role of Women in Development
- The Amateur Gourmet: Where to Buy Ethical Meat?
- BlogHer (Beth Terry): Saving Money & the Planet with Baking Soda – How Many Uses Can Your Think Of?
- The Daily Beast (Keith Wallace): How Wine Became like Fast Food
- Sparkle and Glitter: Quick Post – Creamy Leek Sauce Recipe!
- Agent Lover: Dear Menz – With Special Guest TNUC
- Clutch (Zettler Clay): Nia Long – Back by Popular Demand
- The Sassy Minx: Five Minutes with…Pearl Love
- Generation Meh: Anti-Adulthood-What’s Behind Generation Y’s Reluctance to Grow Up?
- Positively Present: Kicking Ass with Kindness
- Rabbit Write: The Meaning Behind What You Wanted to be When You Grew Up
- Rapititude: What Five Days of Silence Taught Me
- Don’t Feed the Animals: Dolphins Offer a Glimpse into Brain Evolution
- Through the Illusion: How to Deal with Dyslexia
- The Blowfish Blog: 101 Sexual Positions that Won’t Spice up Your Sex Life
- Consumer Reports: It’s Tough Being Perfect, but We Found 7 Condoms that Are
- SOVO: Officer Dani Lee Harris is First Intersex Person to Lead Pride Parade
- sexgenderbody (Annabelle River): Queering Heterosexuality
- The Three Muskequeers (Chavery): Quite Frankly…
- FWD/Forward: The International Symbol of Acceptance
- Racialicious (Thea Lim): Cheerleader Blackface-The Cultural Function of Pretend Shock
- sexgenderbody: The “Guardian Angel” of Gulf Transsexuals
- The Sexist: Write to Rape Victims – Sometimes, it’s too Late to Say No
- Sour Grapes: Implausible Deniability
- What Tami Said: Civil Rights, but Just for Me
- Almost Fearless: This Place Exists – The Amazing Wild Buffalo in the Yukon
- Dream Sequins: Notes from Thailand (Part 3) – Chiang Mai
- Sexis (TheBloggess): The Bloggess Does Japan (Memoirs of a Geisha. Sort of.)
Work, Money & Organization
- BlogHer (wellheeledblog): Philosophy of Credit Card Use: A Method, not a Source
- Everyday Minimalist: Simplify Your Routines
- Financial Samurai: A Weak US Dollar Doesn’t Matter, Folks!
- WiseBread: Networking Basics for Regular People