Tag: good reads
Hi Lovers! It’s time for Links à La Mode, sponsored by the Independent Fashion Bloggers. I’ve also added a few cool things I’ve found this week at the end of the post, because I said so.
Edited by Fashion Pulse Daily
This week, some of us looked back at icons of the past, such as // Fade to #c5c5c5‘s Marchesa Luisa Casati, Fabulous Finds Gal ‘s Horst photography post, and Cafe Fashionista‘s take on Diana Vreeland’s famous quotes, while others looked at how far we’ve come, such as The Curvy Fashionista‘s plus size fashion observations and A Dress & A Bike ‘s thoughts on what it means to be sexy. Each post brought a unique angle to the subject at hand, and raised important topics of self-expression, style, adaptation, trends, individuality, and acceptance. It’s fascinating to examine our own fashion-related introspection, and think about how our inner selves, thoughts and feelings, are reflected through the clothing choices we make, the pairing of certain looks, and of course our writing and blogs.
As expected, there was a fabulous round-up of links in the forum as well, all worthy of your eyeballs!
Links à la Mode: January 14th
- // Fade to #c5c5c5 – Marchesa Luisa Casati inspire artists, designers and authors till this day, more than 50 years after her death
- A Dress & A Bike – Discussion of the trends of ‘sexy’
- Alice in Stilettos – Runway Review: The Colors for Spring!
- Bonnie Vie – Discussing retail hell and how both customers and sales associates can contribute to better shopping experiences for everyone.
- Cafe Fashionista – Why Don’t You…? In the spirit of Diana Vreeland; a post featuring luxurious things one can do to make themselves feel fabulous!
- ’cause I’d rather waste my life pretending – Bites sized interview with Stephanie J, Editor In Chief of N.E.E.T Magazine
- Cool Mama Style - Is there an ideal pair of panties?
- Dedicated- Gets downright nosey with Nadia Izruna of the gorgeous & girly indie label Nadinoo
- Denim Debutante – teaches you about discrepancies in denim sizing
- Dramatis Personae – How to Custom Order Goods from Your Indie Friends
- Fabulous Finds Gal - Horst photography is a study in elegance, style and rarefied glamour that spanned 60 years
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Finds the Habillees series on the Sundance Channel to be the perfect elixir for another hectic fashion week soon approaching!
- Fasshionaburu – Reviews an indie label from Australia she discovered called Evil Twin
- Independent Fashion Bloggers- How to cover fashion week….when you’re not there.
- Le Quaintrelle - A collection of Hermes-inspired outfits from my own closet.
- M.I.S.S. – She’s Crafty – Safety Pin Epaulets & Fringe Lapel Pin
- odetoawe - Love for the movie Cry-Baby, and how to get Traci Lords’ rockabilly look
- Rags to Reverie - Fantastic plastic to slip on your fingers
- Skinny Buddha - Sending out some love to the artists creating handmade items
- Style Symmetry - Interview with Audi of Fashion For Nerds
- The Coveted – Snow boots? Winter comfort or style?
- The Curvy Fashionista - Plus size fashion has picked up major steam, inspiring both yeas and nays for the latest in V magazine- stating it just a trend- or is it?
And Birdie’s Link Picks for the week:
- Do You Overemphasize Happiness? – Maybe living an Interesting life is better than living a Happy life (Thanks for the link, Jaka!!)
- The Influence of Fashion Bloggers – Are fashion bloggers taking over the media industry?
- Studying the Life of Coco Chanel – Gwen Bell’s article on Coco is a GREAT read and offers the kind of lessons we could all use.
- How the French Keep it Simple and Retain that Fabulous “Je Ne Sais Quoi” – Need I say more?
- The Art of Second Chances: On Forgiving, Forgetting and Letting Go - If there’s ever a good time to implement this, it’s now!
- How Do I Become a Grown Up? - I’m not sure I want to be a grown up, but Sarah Von’s got the details when the inevitable happens.
So that’s it! Read, learn, love and grow!