Who is Birdie?
- Gender: Female
- Astrological Sign: Capricorn
- Zodiac Year: Dog
- Age: Old enough to know better!
Hi! My name is Shawna Bird, but everyone calls me ‘Birdie”. I am the “Girl on the Go”, a citizen of the world, and the author of Bonne Vie. I live in Seattle (the Emerald City) and I have my fingers in many pies, including writing, photography, art, music, and business. I enjoy the process of learning and growing. I read a lot of books. I’m always looking for ways to become more productive, to streamline, to innovate, and to shake things up. I really enjoy writing about fashion and style, beauty, lifestyle tips and events in my area.
When I’m not writing or taking photos, I spend my time working on a variety of projects under my business names: Bird & Belle/Bonne Vie. I work as Assistant Design/Construction and PR Consultant for Deco Modiste. I am Webmistress, and Online Sales and Marketing Consultant for Totally Blown Glass. I make super-crafty fun things, and sometimes offer vintage goodies I find through Bird & Belle. I also provide web administration for Trips In Ink.
What is Bonne Vie?
“Bonne Vie” is a French term – literally translated: the “good life”. I write for Bonne Vie to share my experience, my visual inspiration and my thoughts. I use photography and words to portray elements of style, personal interests and personality (usually mine); providing a thoughtful guideline for readers who want to live life à la mode.
My Thoughts on Style:
Your personal style is made up of so many more factors than what you wear, how you dress, or what color your hair is that day. It can be shoes, designer bags, or how your apartment is decorated… or it can be so much more. In order to be stylish, truly stylish, you’ve got to glam up the inside, as well as the outside. Expand your horizons; enhance your knowledge; engender wisdom; embrace your entire self.
My motto goes something like this:
- We will be bold, bright, beautiful stars.
- We will do everything with a sense of style and pizazz.
- We will love ourselves and each other and this magnificent life we’ve been given.
- We will fully explore what it means to be a woman.
- We are at peace with who we are and who we have been.
- We are eager to see what new challenges life has in store.
- We are whole and we embrace a lifestyle as such.
Where can you find me?
I’ve written various pieces for the following:
- View my photography here, or on Flickr.
- Feel free to contact me with questions or comments.
- Birdie is on Twitter: Follow!
- Find Birdie on Lookbook.nu
- Bonne Vie is on Facebook! Friend me!
I want to see small and independent businesses grow. To foster your small business through Bonne Vie, view the Advertising, Sponsorship and Editorial policy here.